A few months back I posted a question for each of you : What if You had a Vision Statement?
Did you make one for yourself? Is it time now for a Vision Statement for you and your Being? Go and check out the June article and if you do create your own Vision Statement, post it in the comments under the article. Inspire others with your Vision!
A Womanifesto is like a manifesto, only it’s especially designed for eVulvalutionary Women who are making a public statement about creating a better world with our hearts and minds.
Traditionally, a Manifesto differs from a Vision Statement in that a VS is all about the Self, and doesn’t really mean all that much to anyone else. A Manifesto is a public declaration of intent. It includes “Other”. It is often used as a “call to arms”, notifying and inviting others to join in your intention.
You know I love to play with words and meanings. Womanifesto fits the Institute intention way better. And of course, we love the number 13 here.
- Be the Change
- Question Everything
- Create, Choose, Create, Repeat
- Contribute for a better world
- Self Care
- Be a Visionary
- Lead, never follow
- Vive la Revolution
- Trust the process
- Authenticity over Convenience
- Seek good habits
- If in doubt, R.E.b.E.L.
Notes for word geeks and R.E.b.E.L.s who desire more information :
- It was Gandhi who said “You must be the change you want to see in the world.”
- Questions unlock limitations and conclusions. Read more about Question in any of my Best Week So Far posts.
- If you are creating, you’re moving forward. Choice creates more. Everything is a choice.
- You are perfectly designed to contribute your very unique and aweesssooomme way of Being to the world right now. It’s no coincidence that you are here at this time, with these resources, on this planet, with the dream you desire to create in the world. So go do it!
- Self Care is a voluntary action that you do to ensure wellness on all levels : mental, physical, emotional, environmental and spiritual. It is the foundation on which the entire work of the Institute for Self Crafting is based, and built from.
- The word “visionary” is found all the way back in 1651, from vision meaning “impractical” as in “one who indulges in impractical fantasies”. This concept is a core value of the Institute, where we are constantly looking at what we can do to be more than what the ordinary, mainstream paradigm expects of us. Out of the box. Following our big wild dreams.
- This is a short and less poetic version of that which is most often attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson’s “Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail.” On further research though, I found that it was probably not Emerson who wrote this at all, but a woman named Muriel Strode in her poem “Wind-Wafted Wild Flowers”, 1903.
- “Live the revolution” or “Long live the revolution”. What’s the revolution? The noun has two meanings : 1. the forcible overthrow of a social order, in favour of a new system 2. an instance of revolving as in circle, turn, wheel, spin. Both are incredibly relevant to the work of Women who are creating a life that sets you free. We are “forcibly” overthrowing the old order of things by actively choosing to make change by changing the Self. This is active, not passive. Forcibly has been defined as “to do something in a convincing way.” All forms at the Institute are circular, and spin as a spiral, revolving and turning forever. This is an ancient symbol of the work of Women.
- Defined as “fill someone with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.” Also secondarily defined as “create a positive feeling in a person”. Synonyms include : motivate, energise, arouse, awaken, ignite, generate….
- This has been a mantra for me since I first began teaching and facilitating. An addendum to this mantra is No Coincidence : Only Perfection. Things never show up as you expect them to, so ask, take action and then hold on for the ride.
- We have a society that chooses convenience (a thing that contributes to an easy and effortless life) to the detriment of all other life forms, including Self. I would posit that “convenience” choices, although maybe easy in the short term, often create problems moving forward. Authenticity is synonymous with genuine and original, and I think of it as a cross between the two. Choosing authenticity before convenience ensures that any “convenience” truly does enhance ease, in the entire world.
- Habits are rituals we do either with or without awareness, so that they become an integral part of how we Be in the world. The best thing about healthy practice is that once it becomes habit, we don’t have to think about them anymore, we integrate, and we become. And then, your mind can use it’s energy for other important things.
- Various R.E.b.E.L.s articles here>>>
Okay, now it’s your turn, write your Womanifesto for your creative project, announce your intention to the world, and share it in the comments below. I’d love to see them!